Monday, September 28, 2009

“You Aint That Cute”




In today’s blog I want to talk about having the spirit of humility. If you’re offended by the title you may be one of the ones that think your hot stuff. Having beauty or talent is not a bad thing in and of itself, it’s the bad attitude that turns people off. No one likes a person that is full of themselves. There are many talented people in the world but never let your gift make you think to highly of yourself. Have you ever met a person that was talented, skilled, or beautiful but they had an all about them attitude and you were turned off. It almost made you focus on how haughty their spirit was rather then their gifts or beauty. I think that it’s extremely important that no matter how talented or beautiful you are, you consistently remind yourself “I aint that cute”. Please know that there is always someone who is stronger, faster and more beautiful then you. The Bible speaks about being humble, Matthew 23:12 says “For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.” I don’t know about you but I would rather be exulted because I'm humble then be humbled because I exalt myself. Trust me its not a great feeling for God to humble you, because 9 times out of 10 you will be humbled openly. I think that as Christian we have to be extremely careful that we don’t have the “I’m better then you attitude”. It will be kind of hard to promote Christ’s Agenda and yours at the same time. If you’re trying to win souls to Christ being full of yourself is NOT the way to do it. We have to remember our gifts is not about us, Psalm 115:1 “Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory”. Recently I was reading some of Paul’s writing to the early churches. It dawned on me that Paul wrote most of the New Testament yet not one book was names after him. Paul was so anointed that even the devil decided to use Paul name in the same sentence with Jesus. Acts 19:15 The evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you?" Now in NO WAY am I comparing Paul’s anointing to Jesus Christ, there is absolutely no comparison between God and man. I’m simple trying to point out how anointed Paul was yet he doesn’t even have a book named after him. Many of you do the work for Christ but never get recognized for it. Please know that even if man never calls your name God see’s all. It’s important for you to just stay humble because staying humble leave’s room for you to depend on Christ. Right before Jesus was crucified he taught a very powerful message at the Passover Feast, when he washed his disciples feet. The message behind the washing of the feet was all about humility. Jesus which was fully God and fully man yet he was humble enough to wash his followers feet. Jesus then said “No servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him”. I say to you if you claim the name of Jesus you should be as humble as he was. I think it’s important to note that Jesus washed Judas feet, although he later betrayed him. . Sometimes being humble requires you to serve people who you know did you wrong. I just believe if you stay humble God will exalt you in due season. Your gifts, talent and beauty all was given to you by God. Don’t ever think your that cute that your attitude changes. I know its not proper English but say it with me “I AINT THAT CUTE”. I leave you with a famous scripture from Job 1: 21 “Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD”.
Thanks for checking out the WattsFactory Blog

1 comment:

  1. Very Poweful Blog..I love the illumination of the example that you used regarding Paul. This a great reminder because a lot of people need to realize that while they are concentrating on the features or abilities that they have over others that it speaks volumes of whats wrong with their own spirit man.

    God Bless you Brother..Keep the Word Flowing

    ReplyDelete