Wednesday, October 28, 2009

“Pimp My Mind”




Pimp My Ride was a TV show that was on MTV from 2004 until 2007. The show was about a resourceful team of experts that took car customizing to a completely different level by taking some of the sorriest vehicles on the road and turning them into impressive new rides. They would take all types of beat up cars, everything from a Honda to a Cadillac. Once the old car came into the garage it was sure to leave out looking brand new. This morning I was reading Luke chapter 5, as I was coming to the end of the chapter I came across the parable of the new & old garments, and the parable of new wine in old wineskins. I have read this parable about a hundred times but this time it spoke to me like never before. The revelation came to me; I was operating on an old mindset just as these people were driving around in old beat up cars. Far too many people try to work the abilities God gave them but do it with an old way of thinking. Just like the wine, God can not pour fresh ideas in an old mind. We must pray that God would Pimp our mind (Give us a new mind). Romans 12:2 says “be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect”. There are great things the Lord wants to do through you but you must first renew your mind. If you want to be successful in life you have to constantly change the way you think. Just as cars get out dated so does the way we think. It’s important to take note that the devil really isn’t after materialistic stuff he wants to get our minds. I remember hearing my mother say the mind was the devils battleground. The devil realizes if you ever get control of your mind you will be unstoppable. Proverbs 23:7 says “For as he thinketh within himself, so is he”. You are so blessed that whatever you think, you can become it. That is why we have to be so careful what thoughts we entertain. When thoughts come into your mind that is against the things of God you have to rebuke them. Philippians 4:8 says “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things”. In closing I pray this blog gets you thinking about how you use your mind on a day to day basis. Are you thinking like you thought last year? Is it possible that things aren’t working out for you because of what you allow to stay in your mind? Please know that you can not control things from popping in your mind but you can control them from staying there. Maybe you need to do like I did this morning and say Lord Pimp my mind. I leave you with a famous quote from United Negro College Fund “A mind is a terrible thing to waste”.
Thanks for checking out Wattsfactory Blog Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment