Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Reflections


I have done a lot of reflecting over the last week (I'm sure most of you have). 2010 has been a year filled with mixed emotions for the Watts family. Spiritually this has been by far one of the most challenging years. The words that come to mind when I reflect on 2010 is prayed, cried, fasted, been uncertain, trusted, believed for greater.
Every decision and move that my wife and I have made during this year, was made with Jesus Christ as the focal point. Call me deep but I truly believe that a foundation built on anything else except Jesus, is destine to sink. 1 Corinthians 3: 11-13 says “For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work”.

As 2011 is fastly approaching, I can’t help having a million questions bouncing through my head. I though it would be cool to share these questions with you and get your juicy flowing. It’s my hope that when you read these questions you would be as honest as you can be with yourself. See where you can make adjustments for the better.

1. What worked in my life this past year? What did not work?

2. Did I passionately pursue Jesus and make him the focus?

3. What drained me? Could I possibly do without it?

4. Did I learn from my mistake, struggles, and hard times?

5. What am I most proud of? What do I most regret?

6. How many people did I love on?

7. What big project am I working on for 2011?

8. Could I have been a better father, son, husband, wife, friend?

9. Did I allow pride, greed, gluttony, envy, or jealousy to be my motivation?

10. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream? (Opps sorry my ADD kicked in)

Happy New Year Blessed People!

No comments:

Post a Comment